This recipe makes 12 scones
A quick, easy and delicious recipe, light, fluffy and full of cheese goodness. A very yummy snack that everyone will love!
1- Add the following ingredients to 250g Nnova Rice Bread Premix:
- 35ml water
- 35ml vegetable oil
- 75ml milk or non-dairy substitute
- 1 ½ tsp GF baking powder
- 1 tsp English mustard powder
- 1 egg
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 pinch of black pepper
2- Beat for one minute to low speed and three at medium speed.
- Sprinkle 125g mature cheddar or non-dairy alternative into the dough and rub in until the cheese is evenly disturbed. Try not to mix too much as the heat from your hands may start to melt the cheese.
- Roll out the dough to approximately 2 cm thick.
- Cut out the scones with a medium cutter and then place on the hot oven tray.
- Glace the tops with the extra milk and sprinkle a little cheese on the top of each scone before putting in the oven.
- Preheat the oven to 22oC/425F/Gas7.
3- Bake in a preheat oven reducing the temperature to 150oC (302oF) for 15-20 minutes or until the scones are well risen and evenly browned. You may need to rotate the tray halfway through cooking. Transfer to a wire rack to cool or 5 to 10 minutes before consuming. Enjoy them!