This family favourite tomato pasta soup is everything you wish for a hearty, comforting light meal. An instant warm up on a cold, winter’s evening.
This recipe is made with fresh ingredients. It can be prepared in under an hour making it the perfect weekday meal.
You can use any kind of tomatoes, but for better results use the ripest, reddest ones you can find as they will have the best (and sweetest) flavour.
If you prefer you can also use canned tomatoes instead.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 650g plum tomatoes
- 1 onion, cut in quarters
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 celery stick chopped coarsely
- 500ml chicken stock/ vegetable stock
- 80g broken Nnova Rice Vermicelli Noodles
- Freshly chopped parsley
- Grated parmesan (optional)
- Pour the olive oil into a large, heavy-based saucepan and add the tomatoes, onions, garlic, and celery. Cover and cook over a low heat for 45minutes, occasionally shaking the pan gently, until the mixture is pulpy.
- Transfer the mixture to a food processor or blender and process to a smooth puree. Push the puree through a sieve into a clean saucepan.
- Add the stock and bring to the boil. Add the pasta, bring back to the boil and cook for 2-3 minutes, until the vermicelli is tender, but still firm to the bite. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Ladle into warmed bowls, sprinkle with the parsley and serve immediately.