This vegan/vegetarian dish is the perfect starter for your Chinese New Year celebrations!
- 225g Nnova Rice Vermicelli Noodles
- 350g white Chinese cabbage
- 1 large mushroom
- 1 large carrot
- 4 tbsp corn oil
- 1 tbsp chopped spring onion
- 50 ml vegetable stock
- 1 ½ tbsp GF soy sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- Cut off and discard the root and any old or withered leaves from the Chinese cabbage. Wash and chop into 2.5cm slices.
- Wash the mushroom and slice it.
- Peel the carrot and chop into large slices.
- Heat the oil in a wok and stir-fry the spring onion for 1 minute. Add the mushrooms and carrot slices, and stir-fry for 1 minute more. Add the white cabbage and cook, stirring for a few minutes.
- Cook the vermicelli according to the packet instructions and rinse them with warm water.
- Add the drained vermicelli, the vegetable stock, seasoning ingredients and vegetables and mix well.
- Bring to the boil, simmer, covered for an extra minute and serve.
If you want to make your dish more special, add bamboo shoots, Chinese mushrooms, and bean curd sheets.