An amazing quick and easy Thai Coconut Soup made from scratch with easy to find ingredients!!
Loaded with noodles, shrimp/prawns and a variety of toppings, this coconut curry soup lends itself to all sorts of variations. Try adding tofu and other vegetables, fish or chicken. So many possibilities!
- 1 tbs. coconut oil/ olive oil
- 2tbs grated ginger
- 2 stalks lemon grass, minced
- 1 tbs. red curry paste
- 4 cups rich vegetable/chicken stock
- 3 tbs. fish sauce
- 1 tbs. light brown sugar
- 3 cans coconut milk
- 250g sliced fresh shiitake mushrooms
- 300g medium shrimp/prawns, peeled and deveined
- ½ lime juice
- 200g Nnova Rice Vermicelli Noodles
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add the ginger, lemongrass, curry paste and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add sugar and fish sauce. Stir and cook for 30 seconds – it should look like caramel.
- Slowly pour the vegetable/chicken broth over the mixture, stirring continually.
- Add the coconut milk, boil for 5 minutes
- Add the mushrooms and cook them for about 2 minutes.
- Add the vermicelli noodles and shrimp; cook for about 3-4 minutes until no longer translucent.
- Stir in the lime juice; season with salt; garnish with cilantro.
- Bean sprouts and coriander, red chillies, red onions or Asian fried shallots.
- Squeeze over lime juice to taste.
- Enjoy it!