Stir-frying is a quick and easy way to turn leftovers in your fridge into a delicious and tasty treat. Simply add cooked fusilli to the mix, and you would have a satisfying meal.
In this recipe, I have added bacon as well as eggs to make my own version of pasta alla carbonara, without the cream.
This recipe makes a fine starter for a multi-course meal or can easily be a main course with salad.
- 350g Nnova Rice Fusilli
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp coarsely chopped garlic
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp finely grated orange zest
- 12 thin slices of pancetta (or 12 bacon rashers)
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- a handful of snipped fresh chives, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil and put in the pasta and cook for 8-9 or until dente, then drain and rinse with warm water and set aside.
- Heat the wok or large frying pan over a high heat and add the oil. When it is very hot and slightly smoking, add the garlic, onion and orange zest and stir-fry for 2 minutes. Then add the pancetta or bacon and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes, until browned.
- Next, add the drained pasta and some salt and pepper and stir-fry for 5 minutes over a high heat. Add the beaten eggs and stir-fry until the bits of egg have set. Give the mixture a good stir and turn onto a large platter. Garnish abundantly with the chives and serve at once.