This salad is inspired by a South American dish where eating “Black-eyed beans” is a symbol of good luck.
These beans are easily found in supermarkets and Caribbean products Shops.
- 225g Nnova Rice GF Macaroni
- 1 can black eyed beans
- 1 red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 chopped red onion
- 175g chopped provolone or cheddar cheese
- 75g pepperoni slices into strips
- 50g peppers diced and drained
- 1 can mushrooms
- Chopped fresh parsley to taste
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp garlic salt
- 2 tsp ground oregano
- ½ dry ground thyme
- 1/ tsp paprika
- 50g sugar
- 100ml white wine vinegar
- 50ml canola oil or olive oil
Put all the ingredients into a jar with airtight seal and shake until well mixed.
- Cook the pasta in boiling salted water for 8-9 minutes and drain/rinse with warm water.
- In a large bowl mix the black-eyed beans, GF macaroni, peppers, onion, cheese, pepperoni, canned bell pepper, mushrooms, and parsley.
- Add the vinaigrette over the salad, cover it and put it in the fridge for at least 2 hours before serving.