SERVES 4 PEOPLE
This is a classic Peruvian recipe coming from the Chifa Cuisine. It can be prepared with spaghetti or vermicelli noodles and with the meat of your choice.
Chifa is a term used in Peru to refer to the cuisine brought and adapted to the local palate by Chinese immigrants that came to Peru in the mid to late 19th century, to work on the sugar plantations and mines, due to the labour shortage after the termination of slavery.
- 500g Nnova Rice Spaghetti or Vermecelli noodles
- 600g of slice beef loin on sticks or tofu (if vegetarian) seasoned with salt and pepper
- ½ cup beef stock or vegetable (if vegetarian)
- 4 tomatoes cut into halves
- 2 yellow chillies cut into julienne
- 1 red onion cut into julienne
- ½ cup sliced spring onions
- 2 tbsp. gluten free oyster sauce
- garlic paste
- 1 tbsp. grated ginger
- ½ cup gluten free soy sauce
- 4 tsp. white vinegar
- Olive oil or sesame oil
- Pinch salt and pepper
- Hot olive in a wok a sauté the loin until brown.
- Add the red onions, tomatoes, yellow chillies, garlic paste, ginger and sauté over high heat for a few seconds more.
- Incorporate the previously cooked spaghetti al dente and sauté again. Season with a little salt and pepper.
- Add the gluten free soy sauce, white vinegar, gluten free oyster sauce and beef (or vegetable stock).
- Sauté for 30 seconds, rectify the season and chopped cilantro and Chinese onion and mix well.