This pasta salad makes a quick and healthy lunch or is perfect prepared ahead for a picnic or lunchbox!
SERVE 4 PEOPLE
- 450 g Nnova Rice Macaroni or Small Shells
- 25 g dry tomatoes (225 g smoked mozzarella)
- 1 can of chickpeas
- 10-20 strips of pepperoncini (optional) or
- 1 jar of roasted red peppers
- Few slices of chopped pastrami, salami or ham
- Pinch of paprika, salt and pepper
- 25g of chopped parsley
For the Vinaigrette:
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 spoon of Dijon mustard
- 75 ml red wine vinegar
- 30 ml balsamic vinegar
- 15 ml water
- 100 ml of extra virgin olive oil
- Pinch of salt
In a bowl add the minced garlic, Dijon mustard, vinegars, water, olive oil and mix well and beat until smooth.
Incorporate to the vinagrette the dry tomatoes, mozzarella, chickpeas, red peppers or pepperoncini and chopped parsley.
Add salt and pepper and put it in the fridge during 4 hours.
Balsamic vinegar. Balsamic vinegar starts out as grapes and is aged in casks made from wood. There's a very small possibility that the paste used to seal those casks (generally wheat or rye flour) could contaminate a batch of balsamic vinegar, but only those most sensitive to trace gluten would notice (I'm talking far less than 1 percent of everyone who reacts to gluten). Otherwise, balsamic vinegar should be safe on the gluten-free diet.