(SERVES 4 )
This pasta salad makes a quick and healthy lunch or is perfect prepared ahead for a picnic or lunchbox!
- 450 g Nnova Rice Macaroni or Small Shells
- 25 g dry tomatoes (225 g smoked mozzarella)
- 1 can of chickpeas
- 10-20 strips of pepperoncini (optional) or
- 1 jar of roasted red peppers
- Few slices of chopped pastrami, salami or ham
- Pinch of paprika, salt and pepper
- 25g of chopped parsley
For the Vinaigrette:
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 spoon of Dijon mustard
- 75 ml red wine vinegar
- 30 ml balsamic vinegar
- 15 ml water
- 100 ml of extra virgin olive oil
- Pinch of salt
- In a bowl add the minced garlic, Dijon mustard, vinegars, water, olive oil and mix well and beat until smooth.
- Incorporate to the vinaigrette the dry tomatoes, mozzarella, chickpeas, red peppers or pepperoncini and chopped parsley.
- Add salt and pepper and put it in the fridge during 4 hours.
Balsamic vinegar. Balsamic vinegar starts out as grapes and is aged in casks made from wood. There's a very small possibility that the paste used to seal those casks (generally wheat or rye flour) could contaminate a batch of balsamic vinegar, but only those most sensitive to trace gluten would notice (I'm talking far less than 1 percent of everyone who reacts to gluten).
Otherwise, balsamic vinegar should be safe on the gluten-free diet.