Pasta Alfredo in a silky, creamy sauce with tender, juicy chicken, all made in ONE POT!
- 500g Nnova Rice Spaghetti
- 3 chicken breast, cut in half horizontally
- 2 ½ cups of heavy cream (or DF alternative)
- 2 cups grated parmesan (DF alternative)
- 2 grated garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp. chicken stock
- Pinch freshly grated nutmeg
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Parsley to garnish
- Sprinkle both sides of the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil over medium high heat. Add chicken and cook for 2 minutes on each side until golden and cooked through.
- Remove onto plate and rest for 5 minutes, then slice while pasta is cooking.
- Reduce heat to medium high. Add heavy cream and garlic. Bring to simmer then add pasta.
- Move pasta around every 30 seconds or so until it is softened (around 3 minutes) so it doesn't stick. Once pasta is softened, reduce heat to medium, add the chicken and stir every couple of minutes.
- Add the grated parmesan and mix well and cook for further 9 - 10 minutes, the pasta should be almost cooked but there should still be liquid covering the base of the skillet.
- Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes, until sauce is thickened and pasta is cooked. If you cook it too long and the sauce gets dry, add a splash of hot tap water - will go back to silky with a few tosses.
- Adjust salt, pepper and nutmeg to taste and serve immediately, garnished with freshly grated Parmesan and parsley!