This National Vegetarian Week (May 11-17) why not try this easy to make vegetarian lasagne, cheese and loaded with Mediterranean flavours and a simple tomato sauce.
If you have any meatless-meal skeptics in your life, this lasagne will change their mind.
- 250g Nnova Rice Lasagne
- 2 aubergines
- 2 courgettes
- 2 peppers (yellow- green)- into julienne
- 6 slices vegetarian cheese
Grill the sliced vegetables until tender
- 2 onions finely shopped
- 3 chopped garlic cloves
- 750ml passata
- 250ml water
- 2 tbsp vegetable powder
- 2 tbsp dry basil
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 350g sliced black olives
- 350g mushrooms
- Salt to taste
- Sauté the onions in olive oil until transparent, add the garlic cloves and sauté for few minutes more.
- Gradually stir the passata and bring to the boil for few minutes, adding the 250ml of water, then simmer gently for further 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the vegetable powder, dry basil, salt and mix well.
- Incorporate 2 tbsp of tomato paste and cook for few minutes more until thickens.
- Add the sliced olives and the mushrooms (previously sauté) and cook for 2 minutes set the sauce aside.
PREPARING THE LASAGNE:
- Cook the lasagne according to the packet instructions.
- Arrange a layer of the vegetables on the bottom, then pour over the tomato sauce and top with a layer of lasagne.
- Repeat until you have 2 layers of pasta. To finish spoon the remaining tomato sauce and the add the vegetarian cheese slices.
- Bake for 35 to 45 mins until golden and bubbling.