We are nearly finishing VEGANUARY Month with a Tuscan speciality.
A truly lovely fragrant simple and inexpensive dish cooked with the powerhouse nutrition that cannellini beans offers, as they are packed with fibre and protein and a good source of numerous micronutrients, including folate, magnesium, and vitamin B6 and a simple sauce made with tomato sauce, garlic, and sage.
- 350g Nnova Rice Small Shells
- 1 can (400g) cannellini beans
- 1 can (400g) chopped tomatoes
- 3 garlic cloves finely chopped
- Freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano or vegan cheese
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 3 to 4 Sage leaves
- Warm a pan and then add extra virgin olive oil.
- Sauté the garlic and sage por a few minutes, avoiding turning brown.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, a pinch of salt and pepper and let them cook slowly for about 20 to 25 minutes in a low heat. If the sauce stars to dry out, add some of the pasta water.
- In the meantime, cook the pasta according to the packet instructions, reducing its cooking time 3 minutes, as it must cook 3 more minutes with the sauce.
- Once cooked drain it and keep part of the water just in case the sauce needs it.
- Mix the pasta with the sauce and cook for further 3 minutes, until everything incorporates.
- Sprinkle with freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano or vegan cheese.