A wonderful baked spaghetti gratin with garlic prawns and a baked cheesy topping, for an easy and simple supper.
- 850 g raw prawns, peeled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 tablespoon black pepper
- 4 - 6 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 100 g butter or Dairy free alternative
- 225 g cooked Nnova Rice spaghetti
- 150 g mature Cheddar cheese, grated/ vegan cheese or non dairy alternative
- 100g cooked mussels
Spread the prawns evenly in large shallow baking dish/gratin dish. Mix the herbs and seasonings together and then sprinkle them over the prawns.
Pour the lemon juice over the prawns and then add the cubed butter. Bake uncovered in a pre-heated oven 180C/375F for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Take the prawns out of the oven and add the cooked spaghetti to the prawns in the baking dish/gratin dish; mix well and then sprinkle the grated cheddar cheese over the top and bake for a further 5 minutes or until the cheese is golden brown and the prawn gratin is bubbling hot. (Add the cooked mussels at this point if using).