Creamy Pumpkin Pasta Sauce, a fast and easy Pumpkin Sauce, creamy and delicate. The perfect meatless Dinner Recipe!
- 55g unsalted butter/ vegan friendly butter
- 115g white onions or shallots, finely chopped
- 80g pumpkin
- 350g Nnova Rice Fusilli
- 200ml single cream/ plant based vegan alternative
- 4 tbsp parmesan cheese/ parmesan vegan, plus extra to serve
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Salt and pepper
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over a low heat. Add the onions, sprinkle with a little pinch of salt, cover and cook, stirring frequently, for 25-30 minutes.
- Scoop out and discard the pumpkin seeds. Peel and finely chop the flesh. Tip the pumpkin into the saucepan and season to taste with nutmeg. Cover and cook over a low heat, stirring occasionally, for 45 minutes.
- In the meantime, boil water in a large pot, salt the water with at least a tablespoon of salt. Pour the fusilli into boiling water.
- Boil undercover for 8-9 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Drain and rinse with warm water.
- Stir the cream, grated parmesan and parsley into the pumpkin sauce and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- If the mixture seems a little too thick, add some or all the reserved cooking liquid. Tip in the pasta and toss for 1 minute. Serve immediately, with extra parmesan for sprinkling.
Although this recipe is traditionally made with pumpkin, you could also use butternut or acorn squash instead.