Pork ragout pasta is the ultimate, cosy weather, winter comfort food for special occasions and comforting weeknight dinners. It is quick and easy to prepare, unbelievable flavourful, and filed with concentrated tomato flavour.
Freeze this sauce for a quick weeknight dinner!
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 leek, finely chopped
- 2 celery stalks, finely chopped
- ½ glass red wine
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 100g ricotta, sieved
- 500g Nnova Rice Small Shells
- 300g pork (minced or cut into cubes)
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
- Sauté the vegetables for a couple of minutes in olive oil.
- Add the pork and fry until brown on all sides.
- Pour in the red wine and add the chopped tomatoes.
- Cover the pork ragout with a lid and cook until tender.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- In the meantime, cook the small shells according to the packet instructions in plenty of salted water and rinse with warm water.
- Mix the pasta with the ragout and ricotta.
- Decorate with parsley.