This versatile veggie is high in fiber, B-vitamins, and antioxidants. Because cauliflower is mild, it’s an ideal vehicle for soaking up the flavour of any spices, herbs, and aromatics that we’ll be adding. Once sautéed, it’s golden, tender, and its texture is lovely paired with the cooked pasta.
- 300g Nnova Rice Macaroni
- 8 anchovies
- 1 kg cauliflower
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 60g pecorino cheese, grated
- Salt and pepper
- Rinse the anchovies and then cut them in pieces.
- Wash the cauliflower, divide it into florets, and put into boiling, salted water.
- Sauté the cloves of garlic in a skillet with olive oil until they start to colour.
- Using the wooden spoon, remove the cauliflower from the water when almost cooked.
- Add the pasta to the cauliflower water and cook until al dente.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and add the cheese and anchovies.
- Peel the cloves of garlic and crush them, together with the anchovies, using a wooden spoon.
- Drain the pasta and cauliflower in a sieve, then add to the other ingredients in the skillet, and mix thoroughly.
- Season with salt and pepper, add a little more olive oil if necessary and serve hot.