This is a vegetarian version of the popular dish Singapore Noodles
- 250g NNova Rice Vermicelli Noodles
- 3tbsp ground oil
- 200g prawns (remove if vegetarian)
- 60g mushrooms
- 225g frozen petit pois
- 225g pak choi leaves
- 3 chopped garlic cloves
- 1tbsp finely chopped fresh root ginger
- 6 fresh red or green chillies, de-seeded and finely shredded
- 1 can (225g) of bamboo shoots slices
- 3 spring onions, finally shredded
- Salt and white pepper
- Fresh coriander leaves, to garnish
Curry Sauce Ingredients:
- 2tbs GF light soy sauce
- 3tbs Madras curry powder
- 2tbsp dry sherry
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 400ml (1 can) tinned coconut milk
- Salt and pepper
- Heat the wok or large frying pan over a high heat until it is hot. Add the oil and, when it is very hot and slightly smoking, add the garlic, ginger and chillies and stir fry the mixture for 30 seconds then add the bamboo shoots, mushrooms, Chinese leaves, spring onions and pepper and stir fry for 1 minute.
- In the meantime, boil water in a large pot, add salt and pour the vermicelli into the boiling water for about 2 minutes (leave them undercook as the will continue cooking in the sauce later on); drain them and rinse them with warm water.
- Now add all sauce ingredients, petit pois and season with salt and pepper, then continue to cook over a high heat for another 5 minutes, adding the vermicelli noodles leaving them for 2 to 3 minutes more until most of the liquid has evaporated.