(Serves 5 to 6 people)
- 500g GF Nnova Rice Macaroni
- 500g passata
- 5 spring onions finally chopped
- 200g grated mature cheddar cheese/ vegan-vegetarian cheese
- 2 tuna cans in spring water (remove if: vegan/ vegetarian)
- 200g sweetcorn
- 5 tbsp corn flour
- 900ml milk/ almond milk
- 2 tbsp butter/non-dairy substitute
- 1 tbsp vegetable powder
- 1 tbsp coriander powder
- 1 tbsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- Salt and pepper
- Melt the butter in a saucepan and stir in the corn flour to make a roux. Slowly pour in the milk, whisking constantly, and simmer gently for 10 to 15 minutes until thickens and look like a béchamel sauce. Add 100g of mature cheddar cheese and mix well and set aside.
- To make the filling, heat the butter in a small frying pan and cook the spring onions until brown and then add the passata, sweet corn and spices (vegetable powder, salt, pepper, coriander, cumin, garlic and turmeric powders), mix well and cook for 10 to 12 minutes.
- In the meantime, cook the macaroni for 10 minutes or until dente. Rinse under cold water and drain.
- Add the béchamel sauce to the tomato sauce and mix well, then add the macaroni and mix well again.
- Tip the mix into a greased ovenproof dish, top with the remaining cheese and bake in a preheated oven for about 35 to 45 minutes or until the top is golden and bubbly. If possible leave to stand for 30 minutes before serving. Enjoy!