- 3 tbs olive oil
- 2/3 cup broken vermicelli noodles
- 1 cup white long rice
- 2 cups water or veg/chicken stock
- In a small saucepan heat the oil over medium heat, add the vermicelli noodles and sauté for few minutes or until golden.
- Add the rice, stir and sauté for 1 minute. Add the water or stock and bring to the boil. When the water has reduced, add the salt, cover and reduce the heat to low and cook for about 20 minutes or until the rice is tender.
- Remove from the heat, let it rest for 5 minutes and serve.